A question please

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Gilly
    Participant

I was going to cut back my buddleia’s today but notice they have caterpillars all over them… under the leaves and under silk and I can’t really see what cats these are. Are they Cabbage Whites? Any ideas please? And when is the best time for taking cuttings of buddleia? I promised poor Heather (member) cuttings weeks ago but my buddleia look somewhat straggly and miserable now.

Thank you!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Anonymous
    Inactive

how do butterflies mate for gender because there is no sex, no paint brush involed and all i can see is the color of the cocoon. ? the son of …..

Gilly
    Participant

Thanks Norm and yes, Angie… I won’t be cutting my buddleia back for the moment 🙂

HI Gill

Raise some on and see what they are. I have been finding it really interesting to grow on all sorts of different catapillers. Angie

NormTwigge
    Participant

Hi Gill,

The larvae are not cabbage whites as they only feed on plants of the Brassica family.
    They could be loopers, of which there are numerous varieties. Bearing in mind New Zealand has in excess of 1500 moths. I will leave the query on cuttings to someone more knowledgable in horticulture.
    Norm

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.