AGM minutes

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Jacqui,

I was just wondering when the minutes of the AGM will be posted on the website?

Thanks

Char

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Replies

DonQuigley
    Participant

Darren are you saying am not a financial member of the society ?

Darren
    Participant

There are three different levels of ?membership?

1.Join the forum and mailing list.
    2.Help with our research.
    3.Join the Monarch Butterfly NZ Trust as a financial member.

This is confusing, with people at the first two levels assuming that all statements about “Members” apply to them. The point has also been raised that if we provide so much for free, then what is the point of becoming a financial member? I think it is fair that there should be extra benefits for those who chose to support the trust financially. That’s why when I started importing the castles I had member and non-member pricing.

I am also a financial member of the Tauranga astronomical society. Their website is
    http://tauranga-astro.x10hosting.com
    You will not find AGM minutes or financial statements on that website either. Their newsletters are free, but they are able to generate income by charging admission to the meetings, and a donation for a coffee afterwards, something that doesn’t apply to the MBNZT.

So we charge for newsletters. Since we don’t have “lifetime” memberships it seems logical to me that the password should change each year? Pay your subs and get your password, next year pay your subs again and get that years password. I don’t see how that makes the MBNZT a “secret society”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ha – Don, good for you!!!!! It has become a secret society indeed. Your fingerprints could be required yet!!!!! I am one of the fall-off numbers in finaancial membership!
    I would love to see the trust do well, but…

Norm, the protocol has changed – this information used to be readily available publicly? Is thre trust’s current financial situation the reason? And yes, other small organisations DO provide it to donors.

Best
    Trisha

DonQuigley
    Participant

As I have been unable to read the last two news letters or indeed the latest AGM report I now understand the fall off in membership numbers, I was not aware I was joining a secret society.
    And before there is muttering of computer illiterate I at the age of 80 spend 6 hours a day five days every second week operating a two screen computer/satellite radio for coast guard radio covering Rotorua Lakes,Lake Taupo, Hawke Bay, Gisborne East Cape and of course Bay of Plenty.

NormTwigge
    Participant

To all,

I know of no other club or organisation that makes available so much information and advice to people who are not financial members. The term ‘member’, strictly speaking refers to a person who has paid their subscription.
    The password is to allow MBNZT financial members to access information that is not available to non financial members
    Changing the password periodically keeps up with current membership, and keeps ahead of the people who decide not to be financial but find out the password from others.

Anna
    Participant

I think Blutterfly explains it Don.

DonQuigley
    Participant

Can anyone explain the fetish for constant and varying passwords to obtain news letterz, AGM minutes which aare the legal right of a member,proven by the one password rquired to enter the sight. Don Quigley

NormTwigge
    Participant

The AGM minutes are now accessible to financial members of the MBNZT. Please email the treasurer to get the password.

Charlotte
    Participant

Thanks Jane it kind of does. But what about new people wanting to sign up and check things out before signing up.

Cheers
    Char

hshingles
    Participant

must be a different password as I can’t get in either.

Jane
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be so only financial members have access? That would make sense.

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi There,

Oh helpful the minutes are password protected. Why is this??

Thanks
    Char

Charlotte
    Participant

That would be great.

Cheers
    Char

Jacqui

Soon. I’ll announce them here, if you like.

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.