Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Anonymous
    Inactive

Re;

https://www.monarch.org.nz/forum/topic/annual-general-meeting

Last year when I raised a similar question about the accounting timeframe not being in sync, I was informed in the AGM, that this would be improved from this year to start bringing the accounting timeframe into sync. I hope this is underway. It certinally needs raising for discussion at a ‘special meeting’ not ‘Any other business’ in a AGM. However a discussion is needed about why a ‘special meeting’ should be called for.

Regarding Chch, Is there anyone coming to Akl for the AGM from Chch, possibly it may need postponing (if they are not already in Akl anyway).

Robert.

Quite happy for this post to be moved to the orginal thread to keep the forum tidy.

Viewing 5 replies - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

We need to come up with more ideas as to how to grow the membership and would love to hear suggestions about how we can do that.

Those few who don’t renew have mostly cited the recession or changed circumstances (e.g. ageing, poor eyesight) as to why they’re not doing so. Most emails or comments I get say “thank you for all you’re doing” or, this one this morning, “Thank you for all everyone does to help those of us who also love Monarchs to be more informed.”

Of course we’d stand up to scrutiny from the Charities Commission and the Inland Revenue Department. Give them a call if you think otherwise so they can answer your concerns themselves.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Robert, I didn’t know you had not renewed your financial membership, either.I will email you later.

Jacqui, I do understand why only financial members can have a say/vote – but with falling membership, maybe surveying former members to find out why we stopped our subscriptions would be helpful to your board to ensure a good future?

Quote: “The trust deed was written to protect the members and stakeholders and has been accepted by both the Charities Commission and the Inland Revenue Department. In the trust deed is the format for how we would go about changing anything. If we follow the prescribed format, we should not have any unhappy financial members.”

Maybe unhappy financial members just leave?
    Would the trust still stand up to scrutiny from the IRD and CC now? The information on the commission website is not kept accurate and they don’t know if you are measuring up to your original aspirations and the standards expected of a charity.

With respect
    Trisha

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Robert,

You raise some good points and I do hope financial members will say something at the meeting or in here if they can’t make it.

Jacqui suggested you pay your annual subscription. I did not realize you were not a financial member.
    Why did you not renew Robert? if I may ask please.

Thanks
    Char

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Jacqui,

I read the trust deed a while ago on the charties commission website.

Anyway, I was hoping to create a worthwhile discussion for the AGM. It’s up to the trust & it’s financal members to decide.

Robert.

Jacqui

Rob – I suggest that you join the the MBNZT by paying the annual subscription.

And please read the trust deed (our ‘rules’) and you will see that we follow a more or less standard format giving all financial members the opportunity to participate in the way the trust is run.

The trust deed was written to protect the members and stakeholders and has been accepted by both the Charities Commission and the Inland Revenue Department. In the trust deed is the format for how we would go about changing anything. If we follow the prescribed format, we should not have any unhappy financial members.

Jacqui

Viewing 5 replies - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.