Annual Meeting

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

tramp
    Participant

We had a very good Anual Meeting,with Jacqui simplifying how to use the Web-site it is certainly very well set up for all our activities,so make use of it and help with your ideas.

Excellant talk on Admirals and nectar flowers and plenty of plants for sale

It was very good to meet members again and put faces to names but dissopointing that there were not more local members that took advantage of learning more about our Butterflies and cntributing their ideas

well worth the trip up from the Bay of Plenty

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies

NormTwigge
    Participant

Hi All,
    Since no one else has offered to do the huge amount of work Jacqui does (largely for love); and obviously not going to
    continue forever, the MBNZT was looking for a corporate sponsor to provide funding, which would enable the Trust to employ a "paid helper" to handle the brunt of the workload, which at the moment is all done voluntary.
    It is just one of the many projects the Trustees have been looking into.
    Projected membership numbers are not always achievable, particulary in times of economic downturn, but new members are steadily signing in, 10 for just last month.
    Hope this answers a few queries.

Norm.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just read the AGM stuff too.
    Have to wonder about a need for paid helpers.

Charlotte, is that a typo? It was said a while ago membership was around 600 and growing, so maybe 645?
    445 isn't any more than last year, I think.

Trisha

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Gill,

The membership Gill is 445 members and growing each month.
    Hope this answers your question.

Thanks
    Charlotte.

Gilly
    Participant

I've just been reading the AGM and the need for paid helpers. What is the membership of the trust up to now?

Jacqui

Charlotte
    Participant

Thanks Robert we are working on fixing the broken link;-)

Cheers
    Char

Anonymous
    Inactive

Broken link alert;
    "Minutes of AGM, 28 March 2010" points to a PDF (
    https://www.monarch.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2010-AGM.pdf), which gives a 'Not Found' page.

Same for the "Report on Protection and Conservation of NZ native lepidoptera" (https://www.monarch.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/preservation-conservation.pdf)

Robert.

Jacqui

Documentation (minutes, recommendations, trustees' report etc) are now on the website:

Go to the "Members" section and follow the drop-down menu.

bevs
    Participant

I agree the AGM was an informative and friendly gathering. I also was pleased to meet old friends and some new ones. Some had come long distances to attend but few locals supported the meeting. That was disappointing after Jacqui had sent out a reminder by E-mail on Saturday but they missed out on some interesting information and a chance to purchase nectar plants at bargain prices.

NormTwigge
    Participant

The AGM was a great event, and the home video by Mike Fox of the monarchs overwintering in Mexico was awesome. A pity a few more members were not present, but it was their loss.
    Thanks must go to the locals who organised the event and the
    afternoon tea served was a treat.
    All in all a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.
    Nice to put be able to connect faces to the names one sees on the forum.
    Some AGM's can be tedious, this one had plenty of variety.

Jacqui

Yes, it was loads of fun and more people who were only a name on a receipt or an email so nice to put faces to names.

I was SO tired and felt guilty driving north as I'd left you all to clean up – but it was most worthwhile. Loads of new friends.

Charlotte
    Participant

Thank you Mary and to everyone else who helped out behind the scene and to all our knowledgeable people who held a workshop and gave us valuable information.
    You certainly made the afternoon a good one!

A big thank you to members and non members who came along and like Mary said helped us put a face to a name.

Many Thanks
    Char.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad the meeting went well, Mary. A long round trip for you in a day.
    To be honest, it was the programme for the afternoon that put me off attending. There was no discussion invited until the very end – after the AGM – which seemed a pity.
    I look forward to seeing the minutes and what the trust has planned for the year ahead.
    Perhaps some notes from Jacqui to simplify using the site will be forthcoming for all members.
    Best
    Trisha

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.