aphids

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

mlusk
    Participant

I’ve read that dishwashing detergent and water is good for dealing with aphids but can someone please tell me the strength of the solution.

I recently dealt with a very severe infestation on a large plant in my garden by removing all the caterpillars and spraying the whole plant with an indoor short-acting fly spray. I then put a large sack over the plant. After a few hours there were no more aphids and the plant seems no worse for the spray after 3 days. Anyone tried this?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

Yes, but to make it easy, can you email me please, braenz@orcon.net.nz

Cheers.

J.

Swansong
    Participant

Hi Jacqui,

Just recently you sent me a flyer on Aphids as well as Milkweed Varieties. I’d be really interested in looking at the wasp one too. Would it be OK if you could Email me a copy?

Thanks

Swansong :).

Jacqui

Hi Mike

Haven’t tried that, but if there were ladybirds on the plant you will have killed them too. Or the little fly that parasitises aphids, something like colemanii but don’t quote me on that one!

We’ve gathered together the best ideas for aphid control that have come out of the newsletter etc and put them in a flyer, which I’ll send by email. Hope that might give you some more ideas – there’s also one for wasps too.

Let me know if you’d like the wasp one.

Cheers

Jacqui

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.