Asclepias incarnata

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

mrs franzeska hirst
    Participant

hi there,

does anyone know what Asclepias incarnata seedlings look like?

Do they have long thin leaves ?

i bought a packet of Niche brand seeds and am trying to find out what type of swan plant seeds they contain. it says it contains 3 different types – obviously one the common swan plant. one curassavica. just need to find out the other.

if anyone knows please help me out

thanks

fran

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

Kath, if the Monarchs lay on plant A (e.g. A. curassavica) then the caterpillars will eat it. It is not easy to transfer caterpillars from one variety to the other, though, especially if they can sense that the plant they prefer is still on offer nearby.

KathWiddowson
    Participant

I too bought a pkt of Niche mixed swan plant seeds last year. They all grew with no trouble but very confusing to what they were so rang the company but after speaking to them learnt no more than that they were a mix of swan plants seeds. There appeared to be only 2 varieties in the pkt. One that I still have not found out what they were and the caterpillars refused to eat.An excersise not worth trying again.

Darren
    Participant

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you phone or email them to ask,Fran? – they advertise an 0800 number and an email contact.

Best
    Trisha

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.