Buddleia salviifolia & Buddleia auriculata

• Creator
    Topic

susan
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Our Buddleia salviifolia is flowering for the first time. Yesterday there were at least a dozen Monarchs feasting on its nectar, and the sweet scent of the flowers wafting around the garden made me want to hang around too:) Of course the other major plus is no weevil damage like that on the Buddleia davidii cultivars. The latter ones in our garden are looking a bit ragged, having survived their cutback of damaged leaves in early Winter plus the very boggy conditions. Still, it looks like they’ll make it back for another season.

I mention Buddleia auriculata, because I thought that was what I was getting when I originally bought the Buddleia (salviifolia) off Trademe. It was labelled as ‘Winter buddleia’ – when you read about auriculata it flowers mid July to Septemberish, and has shiny looking leaves. This sounds like a great one to have. I was wondering if there is someone who might have cuttings to share?

Susan (Hibiscus Coast)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dane Keriboi Hawker
    Participant

My Salviifolia is just starting now as well. I thought it was winter flowering not spring. All my other buddliea are growing in leaps and bounds. Even had moonglow put out one flower. Havent come across auriculata

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.