Monarch food needed urgently Christchurch

• Creator
    Topic

ourkidz.oscar
    Participant

We have recently found a number of caterpillars in our school gardens. Our staff and children in our care have been watching their progress over the last few days and they are doing pretty awesome. Unfortunately we have only located a small feed source for them and am actively on the lookout for some more before its too late. I only wish we had found them earlier to have been better prepared for this. It is an amazing project that I will be undertaking with our OSCAR group and hope to eventually have some wonderful beauties around our school community. Is there any other source of food that we are able to acquire urgently for them to feed on. We are based in Waikuku, Christchurch.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

JCFO
    Participant

Saturday – Oderings, Old West coast Road, have swan plants also a plant nursery on Waterholes road – not far off Main south Road on way to Springston (There is a big sign for a nurser then just past that on the right hand side of the road there is a little sign saying plants and if you drive in there they have some swan plants.

Caryl
    Participant

There are 3 listings on Trade Me for swan plants in Christchurch.

Jacqui

I have changed the topic so that it’s more evident that you need milkweed (swan plant) and added your location… and by posting this message it will move your message back up to the top. 🙂

Hope someone from down there answers soon, Ourkidz.Oscar

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.