Butterfly House!

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

chris
    Participant

Wow… I have a butterfly house! Can’t put pics here but will do under photos. Working a treat! Jacqui has one also… in fact, she got hers first :) $99.99 from The Warehouse!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a few in the laundry, and quite a lot of chrysalis. Hatched lots of butterflies. The caterpillars are either on the window ledge or a small aquarium I got in the Plastic Box.
    It would be great to find out how to keep them all warm over winter.

Pamela

Ann Bell
    Participant

I have a number of chysalis still to hatch, but the weather is getting colder and I know from past years that these late butterflies have a low survival rate (rain, hail, wind).Any ideas about building shelters for them to winter over safely? I don’t want to imprison them, or make them into pets, but i would like to protect them from the elements until the spring if there is a reasonable way to do so. These greenhouses sound too small for the purpose.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Warehouses closest to me don’t have any – but they said they would be getting more and let me know. I hope so – I’m running out of rooms in my house (big ones in the study, little ones in the middle bedroom, J’s in the spare room, chrysalides in our bedroom …. !)

Gilly
    Participant

Vicky… did you get your butterfly house?

Gilly
    Participant

Let me know how you get on Vicky 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fantastic! I thought it may have been a greenhouse, but struggled to get any help from the confused guy on the phone. I’m going to go looking for one this weekend. Can’t wait! 🙂 🙂

Gilly
    Participant

Tis a greenhouse Vicky really….production code is 9417648423664 $99.99. It’s wonderful! I’m ironing out a few hassles… like the ants have invaded it but I’m putting talcolm powers around the base and that stops the blighters! Email me if you need any further details. I’m going to put up a hammock in it and sleep out there 🙂 🙂 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it called a “butterfly house”? I rang The Warehouse here (ChCh) and they didn’t know anything about them. And I REALLY want one!!!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.