Canon’s Get Creative for a Cause

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

Here’s something for our photographers:

"Canon believes a single image can change the world."

Get Creative for your cause to win $25,000. This is a national awareness campaign encouraging New Zealanders to get creative for the causes they are passionate about.

Canon Creative for a Cause is a campaign designed to generate exposure for causes and organisations such as ours. In addition to fundraising opportunities arising from the awareness campaign itself, the active involvement of your members and support community could earn your organisation $NZD25,000 as well as a chance to become a Canon preferred charity in 2009.

Take a photograph that depicts a cause you are passionate about and upload it, along with a 25 word description of what your photo represents and who your selected charity is, to http://www.canon.co.nz/creativeforacause.

Through Creative for a Cause and the power of creative imagery, Canon hopes to make a difference to the many important charities in New Zealand.

24 images as selected by popular vote and editor?s picks will be reviewed by a judging panel who will then select the top 5 finalists.

From the top 5 images, one entry will be chosen based on popularity and photographic merit. Canon will donate $25,000 to this entrant?s nominated recipient. In addition to the $25,000 donation, Canon will reward the winning entry and four other finalists with a Canon prize pack.

People can also vote for their favourite images at http://www.canon.co.nz/creativeforacause/

The Creative for a Cause campaign will close Friday 10 July.

The top 24 finalists will be announced via the website on Thursday 16 July, 2009

The judging panel will review the top 24 images and announce the top five finalists via the website on Friday 31 July, 2009.

The winner will be announced on Thursday 6 August, 2009

http://www1.canon.co.nz/creativeforacause/

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jane
    Participant

I sure will thank her, especially after having bullied her into putting her photos up!! lol

Jacqui

It sure is! That’s a wonderful photo of Janine’s. Thank her very much.

Jacqui

Jane
    Participant

WOW! I’ve just been looking at your photos Stormwalker. They are magnificent. The colours are breathtaking and I love the frog. I have a sarracenia collection, so was thrilled to see your photo of a pitcher! S. leucophylla???

The series of Monarchs by Janine Healy is fabulous too. Janine is a collegue of mine. She was generous enough to put her Monarch photo up for the NZMBT. She also has a very endearing photo of a Tui up to sponsor Forest and Bird. Quite a talent I think. Its incredible how much talent is out there in the paddocks and the burbs eh?

Jacqui

Jacqui

Your photos are glorious, Tony. Fantastic. Thanks so much, both or entering and for sharing your other photographs.

Jacqui

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jacqui my entry is in – I hope it goes well for the trust its a great cause.
    To see more of my photos go to
    http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/myshot/gallery/119084
    Im just startin out but have already had two or three published in various magazines.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very busy of late 🙂
    I haven’t been taking photos of flora-fauna all that long to have a lot to choose from. Will have a look in a few days’ time.

Jacqui

Please upload them here, Tony:

http://www.canon.co.nz/creativeforacause/

Best you do it – some people have asked me to do it for them, and it ends up with my name being listed as the “photographer”. 🙁

Thanks Tony, much appreciated.

Jacqui

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jacqui as an avid wildlife photographer having won awards and had a few published I would be more than happy to help out,
    Where do I send them to my dear and best of luck with them, if they help the cause all the better.

Tony

Jacqui

Have you voted yet? Some wonderful photographs are coming in. You can vote more than once, just not more than once for the same photograph. I could sit all day looking at them.

Jacqui

I have now registered the MBNZT as a worthwhile charity on the Canon site. Two people have sent some beautiful photographs to me with their permission. I’ll try and upload them soon.

Jacqui

Jacqui

Absolutely, Swansong.

Swansong
    Participant

Im here Jacqui. Let me think about it. I see we’ve got just shy of 6 weeks. I wanna go and make some music :). If something “settles on me” from my photo collection I’ll email you some choices and see what you think. Is that OK?

Cheers
    Swansong

Jacqui

Hey photographers, did you read this? Lepid? Swansong? Where are you??

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.