Caterpillars Available Wellington

• Creator
    Topic

Caryl
    Participant

I have so many caterpillars who have almost eaten 40+ plants. Multiple female butterflies lay their eggs daily! Whilst I am sourcing more plants is there anyone near where I live who could take some? I prefer that person to monitor them rather than simply leave them in the garden. Email me on catlovercaryl@gmail.com or txt me on 027  8426773

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Caryl
    Participant

Hi Katrina

It’s new homes for my caterpillars I need urgently. I have visited some nurseries today with limited plants and certainly not ones with much foliage on. I suspect I now have few eggs since most of the leaves are eaten. A shame since i have been visited by multiple female butterflies every day. I’m glad you are obsessive. So am I! Thanks for your interest. Caryl

notsotypicalblonde
    Participant

HI Caryl, If you can collect the eggs I would happily raise them indoors if you would be prepared to send them to me in Dunedin ?? (under my close, almost verging on obsessive supervision!)

Also, re. sourcing plants.  I found that (at least here in Dunedin) Mitre 10 mega are a great source of swan plants.  They have the (giant?) swan plants with lots of foliage and often two or three stalks in a pot for $4.50 each of $8  for two (they are about 0.75m tall) .  Others place sell “feeder” plants for $3 but they are much much smaller with smaller leaves too.

Warm regards

Katrina 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.