Caterpillars, Chrysalides, butterflies wanted in Auckland!

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Hi All

I have been asked to release some Monarchs and Admirals at the Howick Historic village, Auckland on Sunday the 15th March as part of an educational live day.

If anyone has spares, that could be butterfly\’s by the 15th I would really love them or even just caterpillars that I can feed up.

ange_nz@yahoo.com

Angie

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Charlotte
    Participant

HI Angie,

I will have 2 – 3 pupae ready to hatch by Sat. Could be Friday.
    Is it ok if they hatch on Fri and I bring over to you on Sat?.
    Can you get in touch with me asap, as I dont have your numbers.

Cheers
    Charlotte

Branson
    Participant

U’re aware of butterfly producers for events? Check out 09 620 9586 email info@butterflycompany.co.nz I found by google searching – there’s one near Hamilton but i don’t know their contact details – & others I presume…….

I will do the same for anyone else that can supply monarchs for release.

Angie

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Angie,

Wow awesome trade!! Thanks

Charlotte

HI
    I will trade you a Yellow admiral Chrysalis!

ange_nz@yahoo.com if you email me we can exchange numbers.

Angie

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Angie,

Wow sounds great!!. I have nettle growing now too (Urtica Incisa). I am quite proud to have grown them from seed. Have planted 3 out into bigger pots. So I guess just have to attract the Admiral now.

Will be in touch later in the week. If it looks like I may have some hatching on the Saturday will bring over to you.

Cheers
    Charlotte

Hi, That would be great Charlotte
    I have been so focused on my admirals this year that the monarchs are not getting much attention.

With loosing 95% of of the nettle from One tree hill, I have been chasing nettle patches all over Auckland just to keep the caterpillars I have alive. My fuel bill is going to be very high this month!

Released 5 admirals at the west Auckland Eco Day on Sunday. was great to see them flying about the crowd!

Next year hope to do more.

Angie

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Ange,

I will see what chrysalis are coming up and get back to you. Not sure if I will have many tho. But your welcome to some.

Cheers
    Charlotte

Jacqui

Hi Ange – had any feedback as yet? Have you got any yourself? I’m not sure what people have in Auckland.

Jacqui

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.