Caterpillars need homes, Hamilton

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

Help Monarch caterpillars!

No more food for our caterpillars at Assisi Home & Hospital From our emails:

Hamilton ? Please help, could any one take them before it?s too late

? at least 50 caterpillars need food.

Please contact Justine or Annette on 07 8563019 Diversional Therapists.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Darren
    Participant

up the top it says “Add this topic to your favourites” and I think if you do that, you will get emails if anyone posts to the same topic.

Nope, clicking “Add this topic to your favourites” just adds it to your favourites. If you click on the “(?)” after that it will take you to your list of favourites.

However, Once you have it in your favourites you do have the option of creating an RSS feed. Click on the “(?)” for more information about that.

You can achieve the same result by clicking on “RSS feed for this topic” just under the last posting.

Rebecca
    Participant

Thanks Dave, I will give some of them away in Hamilton and then if I still have too many I will bring them your way. They are all pretty small at the moment – just hatched really so maybe next weekend they will be bigger and easier to transport. I will give you a text. Cheers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The favourites thing didn’t work for me either to get email notifications.
    Trisha

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Jacqui

up the top it says “Add this topic to your favourites” and I think if you do that, you will get emails if anyone posts to the same topic.

I have done this and I don’t seem to be getting emails;-(

Cheers
    Char

Dave Rippey
    Participant

Yes for sure as many as you like.Just let me know when. 0212943352-8234588

Rebecca
    Participant

Hi Dave,

I have a large influx again of caterpillars but they are all small at this stage so I will have some more caterpillars if you would like them.

Dave Rippey
    Participant

Rebecca. All good :=) Came out this morning to “check on” my charges and got a bit “upset” (angry would possibly be a more accurate description?)as couldn’t find any cats?????? Bl***Y WASPS was the first reaction but on closer inspection they are just a bit hard to find as too many leaves??
    Any one else has a need for food please let me know.
    Dave R

Jacqui

Hey, that’s great!

Dave – up the top it says “Add this topic to your favourites” and I think if you do that, you will get emails if anyone posts to the same topic.

Hope that helps.

Jacqui

Rebecca
    Participant

Hi Dave, I wanted to say thanks for taking my caterpillars. I hope that they are doing well and enjoy their new home after their hot car ride … and that they populate your swan plants for you!

I only have about 10-12 left at home and just one plant, it’s relief to know that they have found a plentiful food source.

Thanks.

Rebecca
    Participant

Hi Dave, good timing – thanks the last of my plants are getting eaten away really quickly now so I (and the caterpillars too) would appreciate going to a place with a better food source. I have quite a few ( I haven’t counted them all up but possibly abt 20) in the medium sized range.

It’s lucky because I am going to visit my Gran in Leamington this afternoon so I will be able to drop them off. I will give you a call later this afternoon, thanks!

Dave Rippey
    Participant

Rebecca. My ph # is 8234588 or 0212943352. Plants are getting HUGE and really need some serious leaf eating?????
    Alternatively give me your contact details as I am more than happy to come over and get some caterpillars.
    Have had heaps of butterflys but they are only feeding on the flowers so not much in the way of eggs at the moment.(it is a bit difficult to see any as too many leaves to check??)
    Jaqui. Is it possible to get messages in my mail box? I often forget to log on but would be easier if I got a “reminder” of new messages?
    Ta
    Dave R

Jacqui

Hi Rebecca – please contact Dave directly, his phone number is in his post.

Jacqui

Rebecca
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions, I have been there and got a few spare plants – lucky they are big and leafy. It looks like he has lots of caterpillars there too!

I have figured out that there is a place just up the road from me with about 20-30 very large swan plants. This is why there are so many butterflies in my area – yesterday I asked if they could take some of my caterpillars and they were fine with that so I took about a dozen caterpillars to their plants – that takes some of the load off. I still have some that I could give to Dave if he would still like them as I have lots of smallish ones which will start eating more as they get bigger.

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Rebecca

Alison Rd or St I think it is.

Cheers
    Char

Jacqui

Hi Rebecca

You could also ask at Fresca Garden Centre if he has plants he wuold like to sell with caterpillars. Ask for Bruce. It’s the road opposite Gallagher’s, which is on Kahikatea Drive.

Rebecca
    Participant

I might have to take you up on your offer Dave – I have sooo many caterpillars. Alot more than last year, I have moved my plants to a place where the wasps can’t seem to find them. This is good and bad – good since I have had lots of caterpillars and chrysalis’s but bad because now I have too many and this never happened to me last year.

I would probably have about 20 small-medium sized caterpillars which I could bring your way at some stage. I know that there are public holidays coming up so whenever suits, there is also a place down the road which has heaps of big, leafy plants … so if I get desparate I will have to politely ask them if they can have some of my caterpillars.

Jacqui

Hi Dave

Thanks for this – but can you please contact the Assisi Home, details above.

Jacqui

Dave Rippey
    Participant

I have 10-11 foot plants and few caterpillars. So would be happy to help if still needed.8234588 in Cambridge.(plants would probably support 100+ ??)
    Cheers
    Dave

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.