caterpillars need plants south auckland

• Creator
    Topic

dobbey25
    Participant

hi,i have one tall and lanky swan plant at the house i just moved into, we only kept it because there was a couple of caterpillars on it now there are heaps and they have just about eaten it bare and there are still small ones all over itso if someone has a plant that needs some caterpillars please let me know lisabayer954@hotmail.co.nz

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

carols

I no longer have plants. Please contact Jacqui   jacqui@monarch.org.nz or ph 09 551 3383 as she has plants for sale.

kathryn
    Participant

Hi Carols

I have about 65 caterpillars that I need to relocate. Can your plants cope with that and take them? I’d be hugely grateful. I live in Flat Bush, South Auckland, where do you live, happy to drop them off (although it would be later today). Can you please text me on 021 140 9071 as I’m going to be away from my computer now. A billion thanks. Kathryn

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Carol I have a brand new batch of caterpillars and no food for them, my plants are still recuperating from the first batch I had. If you have plants or know of anyone who would like some caterpillars please let me know @ jolandie.bothma@gmail.com 
    Hope you can help

carols

Your estimate of about 30 caterpillars was just a bit short dabnium…
    I counted them as I put them onto my plants and there were 204!! lol 🙂
    And I’ve kept “Scar” in a separate castle so I can monitor his/her progress.

dabnium
    Participant

Thanks Carol!
    I’ve just sent you an email.
    Look forward to hearing from you.

carols

UPDATED  08/01/2013

I no longer have plants, but Jacqui is selling plants.  Email her at jacqui@monarch.org.nz  or phone 09 551 3383

dabnium
    Participant

Hi carols,

I wonder if there is anymore room on your swan plant?

All summer the wasps have been feasting on our tiny monarch caterpillars, but in the last couple of weeks the wasps have suddenly disappeared. We now have about 30 big, hungry caterpillars who are rapidly demolishing our swan plant.

Thank you!

carols

UPDATED 10 Jan 2013 – I no longer have plants, and cannot take any caterpillars, sorry.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.