Come and see the FLIGHT OF THE BUTTERFLIES, 3D Movie

• Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

Ten years have passed since I started the Monarch Butterfly of New Zealand Trust, thanks to three great friends: Shelley Gifford, Gilly Jackson, and Helen Reid-McCormack – and all those who have got involved since then. It’s changed its name and its scope but I’m proud of what we’ve all achieved over the past ten years.

To celebrate we’re bringing the 3D film FLIGHT OF THE BUTTERFLIES to New Zealand. This film has received rave reviews all around the world since it was first released a few years ago. And we are working hard to raise funds so that screenings for schools in New Zealand can be subsidised, making it more affordable for more school children to see the movie.

You can see the trailer here:

To be considered for a subsidised screening (later in the year and in various towns around NZ) we’re asking schools to send in paper monarch butterflies, coloured appropriately, as per the template below and with the school’s name on the inside. These paper butterflies will be used in an artwork of overwintering monarchs (similar to the sample shown here) at the premiere screening.

https://www.monarch.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Vicky-Steele-Ruud-Kleinpaste-overwintering-sculpture.jpg

Paper butterflies should be sent in before 16 June to:

MBNZT
    PO Box 44100
    Pt Chevalier
    Auckland 1246

Download the template for the butterflies below:

https://www.monarch.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Template-for-butterflies.pdf

FIVE schools will win places on our online Create Butterfly Habitat course (worth $50) and TEN schools will win a set of our butterfly educational resources (value over $10). But we need MORE butterflies, so please tell your friends, family, neighbourhood schools. Feel free to copy and paste this into an email and send it to schools anywhere around the country.

And hope to see you at the movie. You can buy your tickets here:

http://www.mb.org.nz/movie or

FLIGHT OF THE BUTTERFLIES in 3D

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

butterflymusketeers
    Participant

Could this include school in Christchurch too? As I can email around the schools.

Jacqui

I hope everyone knows, but Flight of the Butterflies in 3D is now being screened at Tauranga on Wednesday, 22 June. You can buy tickets on monarch.org.nz/movie.

Hope to see you there!

Jacqui

Ten Year Celebrations

It’s less than a month away! The Gala Premiere of Flight of the Butterflies, the magnificent 3D movie that’s been amazing audiences worldwide!

On Monday 29 June there will be a premiere screening of the movie at Hoyts Cinemas, Sylvia Park in Auckland. You have two options:
    1. Buy a Gala Premiere ticket for $100, including pre-screening canapé
    2. Buy a $30 ticket to the Premiere screening on the night

We are also putting on a second Auckland screening for those that can’t make the Monday date – that’s on Tuesday, 30 June. More information about the premiere – and the form to buy your tickets – is HERE.

Thanks to Schools

Thank you to the schools that have sent in paper butterflies so far. Our mailbox has been overflowing with colourful paper butterflies. Those schools’ names will go onto the list of those interested in seeing the film – we are fundraising so that we can offer subsidised screenings later in the year. More information HERE.

Tickets for the first night are selling quickly. You can book your seats HERE.

Caryl

Jacqui, A huge thank you to you and your friends for
    your magnificent achievement. I am excited that this film is coming to NZ. Can’t wait to see it,
    Caryl

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.