Flight of the Butterflies in Tauranga

• Creator
    Topic

TgaLiz
    Participant

Just seen this incredible 3D movie, showing the migration of Monarchs from Canada to Mexico to over-winter.
    My mind knew it was illusion, but the 3D effect is so good I kept wanting to put my hand out to catch the butterflies ‘hovering’ right in front of me.
    Thanks everyone who arranged to show this movie in Tauranga, and I hope the rest of NZ can gather up support to have it shown in more local theatres.
    Amazing!!!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Caryl

Thanks so much Jacqui. I haven’t ordered it. Appreciate you alerting me. Enjoy your weekend.
    Caryl

Jacqui

Caryl – be careful if you have ordered FOTB on the BlueRay. SK Films have just advised me that it will be released first for ZONE A.

They don’t have an expected delivery date for other zones.

Here is some info related to that:

DVD Region Codes
    Code / Where
    1 / USA & Canada
    2 / Europe & Japan
    3 / South East Asia
    4 / Latin America & Australia
    5 / Russia, Rest of Asia and Africa
    6 / China
    8 / International Venues, Cruise Ships, Planes, etc.

Blu-ray Region Codes
    Code / Where
    A / Americas, East and South East Asia
    B / Europe, Africa, Oceania, Middle East, French Territories, Greenland
    C / Central and South Asia; Mongolia, Russia, and People’s Republic of China.

What does all this ‘DVD region coding’ mean?

This means that DVD movies from DVD Region A/1 (USA & Canada) WILL NOT play on a DVD player regions 2-6. Effectively Region 1 DVD discs play only on Region 1 DVD players, Region 2 DVD discs play only on Region 2 DVD players and so on.

Why are there 6 DVD regions

Movies are released on DVD at different times around the world, typically America and Canada first, Australia and Japan 6 months later, and Europe 12 months after US release. In some instances, DVD movies are available for purchase in America and Canada before they are released in European cinemas.

Due to the high quality of DVD and the movie release system used by Hollywood, 5 regions were establish to prevent people from watching Region 1 movies before they were released on Regions 2-6.

DVD Censorship between countries also plays a part, another reason for DVD region coding.

Richard Rowe
    Participant

Great to hear it went well in Tauranga. Hope our ideas will work to get it to Christchurch for memebers and the public etc

Caryl

Jacqui, Please give her my name and contact details. I would be very happy to help.

Jacqui

We do hope to get it to Wellington, Caryl. In fact, one lady spoke to me about that last night. She had a friend in Wellington who was anxious to have it screened there… so this morning I got an email from the Wellington woman asking about it again. How quicklythe word can get round!

Caryl

Thanks Tgaliz, Wish it was coming to Wellington. Did some research and the Blue Ray version will be available July 12, 2016. I will purchase it on Amazon. Warm regards, Caryl

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.