Food please

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Vivi
    Participant

Hi, is there anything else I can feed my cats or where I can get any more plants? I am in CHCH and I have 41 cats and definitely not enough food. I will drive anywhere, pay etc, just need help!!!

Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jennifer
    Participant

I have some in Dunedin if you know of anyone coming your way

liz
    Participant

Hi Vivi, did you manage to find any swan plants in CHCH? I also am desperate for some, am running very low and have tried a lot of places around CHCH and they’ve all told me that I won’t be able to find any 🙁 I’m still holding out hope!

Vivi
    Participant

Thanks all. I do have many in the 2plus cm category so will have a go at the pumpkin.
    My phone number is 033372825 or email vviieenn@gmail.com

thanks

Jacqui

Yes, they need to be in their last instar, i.e. about 2cm long, to successfully pupate if they’re fed pumpkin.

Hope someone from Chch might pick up on your message Vivi. How would they contact you? You might like to leave some contact details here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

From my experiences, in order to get ‘pillars to eat pumpkin in this way, they have to be of a certain size (not tiny) and be put in sealable container with the pumpkin to force them to eat it. They will then eat it and grow and pupate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You could try a mixed diet of thinly sliced pumpkin and swan plant leaves.

You could also try to find other types of milkweed.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.