free buddleia clippings for Christchurch

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

YvonneWallis
    Participant

Had to chop off all the growth on my purple buddleia after the root snapped off at base (all those eathquakes I think) so I have cuttings for anyone who wants them. Label says Royal Red but it is a deep purple. let me know if you are interested and I will post address details.

Cheers,

Yvonne

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies

YvonneWallis
    Participant

Sorry guys..
    I have been slack..had someone staying and then Christmas upon us…Still have the clippings in buckets of water, Maryl..My phone number is 3479780 and I am out near Rolleston. Sorry for taking so long to respond..been a bit hectic..

Regards,
    Yvonne

Jacqui

I’m currently down Christchurch and there are just SO many Buddleias blooming in people’s gardens as I drive around. Beautiful! I think to myself “oh! I don’t think I’ve got that one” and then a few blocks later I see another that I don’t think I have… but then mine are all small so maybe in a few years I’ll recognise them as they grow full-size.

Beautiful! As usual Christchurch’s gardens are gorgeous… such a shame to see so many buildings gone or in the process of demolition.

Jacqui

I’m currently down Christchurch and there are just SO many Buddleias blooming in people’s gardens as I drive around. Beautiful! I think to myself “oh! I don’t think I’ve got that one” and then a few blocks later I see another that I don’t think I have… but then mine are all small so maybe in a few years I’ll recognise them as they grow full-size.

Beautiful! As usual Christchurch’s gardens are gorgeous… such a shame to see so many buildings gone or in the process of demolition.

Charlotte
    Participant

You’re welcome Trisha.
    The plants we had in the beginning were given to us and this is probably where the mixup came in.

We now have all of our plants labelled and cuttings are taken from each plant and marked.
    Yes they are the same plant;-)
    We were confused in the beginning as well. We looked at so many books and pictures on the web and everything looks the same.
    There are over 100 different varieties of Buddleias.
    This is why we got in touch with Buddleia experts and asked them to identify the plants.
    We have a few that aren’t named at the moment and waiting to hear back as to what these Buddleias are and then we will have every one of our Buddleias named.

Cheers
    Char

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for that Charlotte.
    The magenta one I got from you was most definitely mislabelled.
    Are Royal Red and Magenta the same, do you know? Darned if I can figure it out from Google searches.

Trisha

MaryL
    Participant

Hi Yvonne I would love a cutting of your Buddleia

MaryL

Charlotte
    Participant

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Trisha,

The flowers are RED and we’ve also had the Buddleia identified by a Buddleia expert;-)
    If I can I will send Jacqui a photo I have of the Royal Red to post on the website. So that everyone can see the diference in the colours.
    We do have a couple of purple’s also that we’re given to us and you can really tell the difference;-)

Cheers
    Char

Anonymous
    Inactive

Char
    Are your flowers red or deep purple?
    I don’t use Facebook so can’t see your photos.
    The photos that come up on Google search are definitely red.
    Thanks
    Trisha

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Yvonne

Have you taken photos of your Royal Red Yvonne in flower?

We definitely have the Royal Red (magenta) growing here and the flowers really are magnificent;-)
    If you have a look on my Facebook photos ours should be in there;-)

When Al does more cuttings next year I will save you one and send it to you my dear (FREE). I love the Royal Red one most of all.

We have over 25 different Buddleias growing on our section and with all the Summer ones in flower our place is like BUTTERFLY HEAVEN to all butterflies;-)
    Even on a day like today (wet and miserable) we have Monarchs flying around the section feeding on all the Buddleias in flower.

To mine and Al’s surprise at 6.15am most mornings we have a few Monarchs flying in to feed on all the nectar we have here.
    Such a great delight to see this when you’re having a morning cuppa before heading out to work.

Cheers
    Char

Anonymous
    Inactive

Darn those earthquakes, Yvonne!!!! You poor people down there.

Interesting what you said about your Royal Red being dark purple – I bought one too (mine from the trust) and it never showed any signs of red, even when quite mature.
    Google has images of red ones (magenta and Rotal Red – the same, they say), so I don’t know. I gave mine away because I aready had deep purple ones, which are fabulous. I’d still love to have a red one.

I hope people take up your offer – they strike so easily from cuttings and grow rapidly. Butterflies DO love them.

Best
    Trisha

Anonymous
    Inactive

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.