Gathering at Cornwall Park next Sunday, 15th.

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all

This will be another informal "do" – picnic in the park.

Angie will tell us about her work around Auckland and hopefully it’s an opportunity to see some Admirals in action.

Can you check in, please,if you’re coming.

We had had around 20 at the gathering out west last month.

A picnic or barbeque from midday – bring your own food or food to share. That worked very well last time. A bottle of wine worked too.

Hope to see anyone in Auckland on the day there.

Best

Trisha

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Anonymous
    Inactive

So it’s a go – not many of us, but so nice to meet anyway.
    Looks like we will be blessed with good weather (if you believe in forecasts).
    I am so looking forward to Angie’s show and tell about Admirals.
    Best
    Trisha

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

It’s very unlikely I’ll be there as presently I’m planning where to stay tonight on my weekend Butterfly searching.

Robert.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, I won’t be able to attend as I’m away for the weekend. I had my Mum at the West Lynn Gardens get together… maybe there was more than 1 Mum 🙂

jean
    Participant

Hi All,
    I cant come to the picnic because I work on a Sunday and it was me that had the stray husband in New Lynn. I dont know what to do with the photos that I took at the picnic. Some of them are realy good. A nice one of Heather and her Mum. Any suggestions.
    Jean

Jacqui

Hey Michelle! That will be GREAT. 🙂

This should help with directions; http://www.cornwallpark.co.nz/flash/map.html

If you click on the word archery club, the red dot will enlarge, below that is another red dot, click on this and its a BBQ GAS – picnic area.

I hope to be there at about 11am, have some fun with my dog beforehand. Look out for my car!

Otherwise we can all meet at the archary club about 2.30pm with Ange, who is going to update us on her work with admirals.

Jacqui

Anonymous
    Inactive

I could possibly make it. Depending a bit on our kids who are having a big treasure hunt birthday party on Sat afternoon. If they are too grumpy might try and make it without the family as I’d really like to meet you all. Cornwall park is a big place! Any more direction as to where I’ll be able to find you?

Michelle

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep –
    Robert
    Bob
    Heather
    Maureen
    Pat
    John
    Joan
    Margaret x 2
    Jan
    Charlotte
    Jean
    Carol
    And you and I.
    There was a hubby and a Mum, but I can’t remember who they came with – Heather’s mother, I think.

Best
    Trisha

Jacqui

I’ll be there – I would like to meet with Ange and find out more about the Admirals project(s). I plan to leave here really early on Sunday, so with a little bit of luck, should be there about 11am.

Trisha, did you have a list of who was there at West Lynn? Perhaps i’ll flick them an email (if you could send me the list of names) and remind them that we’re meeting, and to check in here.

J.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Let’s wait to hear from Jacqui.
    Best
    Trisha

Charlotte
    Participant

Oh thats a shame. Let me know what happens. I agree with you Trisha if its busy there, then it would be diabolical to find a parking space.

But I am keen whatever way it goes.

Charlotte

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, not much interest – perhaps too soon after our last AK gathering?
    Perhaps we should just flag it, given the busy day and unreliable weather?
    Weekends are always busy in the summer, so with an event on, may be V busy.
    Trisha

Jacqui

So far I think we have Trisha, Char, Heather (maybe) and me – and then meeting Ange at 2.30pm. Is that right?

Cornwall Park tell me that it is their Family Fun Day at the Band Rotunda, music, clowns, fairy, face painting etc. All free for the public.

So the park may be busy!

Jacqui

Jacqui

I agree, Trisha, yes if it’s a wet day, we won’t meet.

Seeya there!

J.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Angie – it’s very informal. People will come when they come. At the last one I went to people arrived from 11.30am or so until around 1pm.

Jacqui – can’t think of anywhere undercover there, I guess it’s cancel if the weather is unkind.

Best
    Trisha

Jacqui

Some may be coming at midday, others at 1pm. I plan to be there earlier. We will be there until 2.30pm. Look for a blue car COVERED with butterflies.

J.

Is that 12pm or 1pm (as per previous posts?) – I understand you are meeting me at 2.30, but in some posts its 1pm then other 12pm so just want to confirm which one. ANgie

Jacqui

Do we have a wet weather plan? I wonder if there is a hall nearby that we could meet if the weather is not kind to us? Or should we just cancel?

The other thing – ify ou have butterflies emerging on Friday or Saturday, if you can bring them along I will bring some tags and we can release them at the park.

Cheers

Jacqui

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

Angie – we were planning to have our lunch and wander then meet you after your lunch. Around 2.30 you said earlier?

Heather – yep, dogs on leads in Cornwall Park – but not everyone abides, so it can be a bit risky – especially if you have small terriers like mine who want to take on the big boys. I always have mine on leashes, but do worry a bit about those running free.

Charlotte, yes, look forward to seeing you and Al again.

Best
    Trisha

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi,

Count me in. Will be there around 12.30pm or earlier if I get organised.
    Be great to see you again Jacqui and Trisha.
    No rush for me this time. No WORK yipee!!! ;-))

Cheers
    Charlotte

Is that 12pm or 1pm (as per previous posts?)
    Angie

hshingles
    Participant

Not sure as I was doing a walk with historical society , will have to check the time.
    Dogs on leads in Cornwall park ?
    Heather

Jacqui

hehe 🙂 thanks for the special welcome, Trisha!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gad – poor choice of words – everyone is welcome!!!! Especially you.
    Changed the words!!!
    Best
    T

Jacqui

I’ll be there and I was once an Aucklander, does that count? 🙂

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.