I find this hard to believe!

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

hshingles
    Participant

🙂 my friends mother has just come back from south Africa
    Heather

Jacqui

Darren! You have FAR too much time on your hands. 🙂

Yes, this is what happens when someone doesn’t get the codes in when they’re releasing a butterfly, and on my list of things to do this afternoon is to email all taggers to look these reports out and make sure that the RIGHT co-ordinates are in when they release their tagged butterflies.

Another anomaly that’s happened in a few places is when someone lives at (say) 1 Queen Street, Nelson and they don’t make sure the co-ordinates are for the Nelson Queen Street (and they’re for the Christchurch or Auckland Queen Street)!

But we ARE getting better, all the time.

The above release location, because someone has put in a complex address, and the system didn’t find the co-ordiantes, it will default to 0 degrees lat and 0 degrees longitude… just off the Ivory Coast of deepest, darkest Africa.

There’s another one ther somewhere where it looks like someone released it in Fiji or Samoa or somewhere… not sure what’s happened there, and it will take a bit of time for me to get “into the works” and fix it.

I will put what I was going to write about in a separate post, with a clearer heading, for all interested in the tagging project to read.

Ha ha, Darren. I bet you got a bit of a shock when you saw that one!

Jacqui

Jane
    Participant

WOW!!!???!!!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.