Incredible Insects

• Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

Thanks to Countdown Supermarket we have a fantastic gift to give away to a teacher, a family, a grandparent. Your children will love it!

You have probably seen that Countdown Supermarket is running a campaign featuring NZ’s incredible insects. There is so much information about our insects presented in a fun and engaging way. You will be hooked!

We have been given one beautiful presentation box which includes 2 Activity and Collector Albums, a full set of 72 collector cards, a full set of the four puzzles, a magnifying glass (3 x power magnification), 2 Activity and Collector Albums, Guided Inquiry Activities to support the collectible cards which fit in with the NZ Curriculum, ten Lesson Plans and activity sheets to link to literacy, numeracy, art and technology and social sciences!

Countdown Insect Giftbox

HERE’S HOW TO ENTER Post either here or on our FB page a sentence about one of the insects that you have found in your garden. It’s as easy as that! It’s SO easy that even your children will be able to enter!

PS Make sure to like our social media pages to be kept up to date on things about butterflies.

FacebookInstagramPinterestTwitter

Or sign up for our free e-news.

Join

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook or any other social media.

If you use social media, please share THIS LINK with family, friends, whanau. The easiest way is to post the link on your own FB page or Instagram!

We will draw this contest on Monday 28 September and endeavour to get this wonderful prize to the lucky winner so that it can be useful during the School Holidays.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

All of the entries were entered into an Excel spreadsheet and then a lucky draw (using random.org randomiser) and Thochaos was the lucky winner.

I have emailed Thochaos and will send the package off as soon as I receive an address.

Thanks for entering, everyone! If you haven’t already, PLEASE sign up for our complimentary e-news so that you’re kept informed of any events, tips, special offers etc.

http://www.nzbutterflies.org.nz/join

Jacqui

monkey
    Participant

I am constantly amazed at the life cycle of the butterfly, & when I see the tiniest, almost microscopic size of some other insects, I wonder how they can also have gone through a similar life cycle!

Niquita
    Participant

Always a fun time when Im on duty during lunch and the bumble bees pay us a visit 🐝 all of a sudden the calmness turns to utter chaos ! Nevermind when one lands on me and I have to pretend to be brave as! Inside Im quietly dying 😂 and hoping the whole hive doesn’t swarm me 😂

thochaos
    Participant

Love seeing monarch caterpillars in the garden, and of course the butterflies.

clairej
    Participant

I have seen kahukowhai = yellow admiral and kahukura = red admiral busy in the garden, resting in the sun.

Theo Rodink
    Participant

Monarch butterflies, coppers and little blue’s in my garden in Wellsford.

yvonnemcgillan
    Participant

Bees and bumble bees on our fuchsia paniculata.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.