Lantana plant wanted

• Creator
    Topic

Michelle
    Participant

Hi

I am after a lantana plant. Does anyone have one available I could purchase or no of a nursery that has them for sale. I have googled it but I cannot find any listed for sale at the moment.

Regards
    Michelle

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Michelle
    Participant

thanks Kay2.
    I have a feeling I may have this plant. I purchased something like this last year not taking any notice of the name before I was really into setting up my garden as a butterfly retreat. I like white in the garden and thought this might look good as a ground cover under a bench seat that I made. At the moment it is looking quite straggly with not many leaves on it almost as if it is semi deciduous. But it is also planted in a semi shaded area of the garden but possibly it would do better in a sunny position, will see how it performs soon with the garden plants starting to wake up a bit now spring is in the air 🙂

kay2
    Participant

Hastings Mitre 10 have the white one, so probably be at your nearest mitre 10 or soon will be

kay2
    Participant

There is this one: http://www.greenleafnurseries.co.nz/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2669 Don’t know whether the butterflys would still be attracted to it. The invasive one is no longer sold in garden centres as it is classified as a weed. I have seen a large bush, non trailing, version growing in Hastings with the yellow and red combination flower.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.