MBNZT on facebook

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

48 members… have you joined yet?

Darren
    Participant

I see a few potential benefits.

*it’s another piece of free publicity for the trust website and trademe listings.

*In the event of a catastrophic failure of the monarch.org.nz site it is another means of communication.

*It provides a level of social networking for the trust members who want it. (rather like having photos for avatars).

* it is more webspace for photos etc and the trust doesn’t have to pay for traffic and storage.

Personally I’d like to see a photo of every New Zealand Butterfly on there. Sadly I don’t have that many myself. If anyone out there has photos feel free to submit them. How many photos will facebook let us store? I’ve seen people with hundreds!

Jacqui

Hi Yvonne

I’m thinking… if it encourages people to know about our main website, and offers on TradeMe, then it’s good value.

I guess the main advantage of Facebook is that if you and I post something on our Facebook site, then it also shows up to our network, and might encourage them to come take a look. (But I’m not a big Facebook user, mainly due to lack of time, or maybe it’s priorities, so maybe I’ve got that wrong.)

YvonneWallis
    Participant

Should we post pictures of butterflies on there to make it pretty or is it best just to leave it for the monarch butterflies and Trust stuff?

Jacqui

Now with 15 members, woohooo!

Charlotte
    Participant

Great idea Darren;-))

Cheers
    Char

Rebecca
    Participant

I think that is a really good idea 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.