Mini Moth

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

Is this the tiniest moth in the world? Less than 1 centimetre across! It's been sitting on my computer screen all day, helping me… and although he looks dull brown and something someone might swat away, when I photographed him I can see the striped pattern in his wings.

https://www.monarch.org.nz/2010/01/17/little-moth/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

Renee – I have found a neat trick to "get rid of" moths like that. You turn out all the lights except the room the moth is in, and the one next to it. Now turn off the light in the room where the moth is, and then turn the light on the room next door… confused? Okay, let's start again. Let's say the outdoors is "A", and the moth is in room "D". So turn off all the lights except C and D. Then turn off D and the moth will fly into room "C".

Now turn on "B" and turn off "C". The moth will move to that light. Now turn on the outside light, and leave the door wide open, and the moth will fly outside!

Hope that helps.

Jacqui

Jane
    Participant

That little moth has probably seen all the butterflies and moths on this site (which must be on a lot of the time at yours) and been smitten and mesmerized!!!

ReneeFraser
    Participant

LOL

We have heaps of moths in our house… A large one was on our handtowel in the bathroom last night…
    I won't kill them but they are annoying when you are trying to shower or something and they fly all around you and try to land on you etc… plus the larger ones leave poopies behind!

Jacqui

haha! Hmmm… And I do use a reputable antivirus too. 🙂

happyjohnny
    Participant

Sounds like you've got a bug in the system Jacqui

Jacqui

Can you believe it, this moth is STILL on my computer screen. He fluttered about a bit once or twice.

Do you think he's eating pixels? Or is he a SPY? Could it be spamming my databases?

Jacqui

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.