Monarch caterpillars for urgent adoption – Greenlane, Auckland

• Creator
    Topic

Amalfia
    Participant

I have discovered 25 caterpillars on two small swan plants. Wasps had just found the plants so I have brought them inside for safekeeping.

If anyone has space for these caterpillars in their garden, please contact me

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Amalfia
    Participant

Thanks, Charlotte. I will bring some to the display on Monday. 🙂

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Amalifia

I will be popping back to the display on Monday sometime as I work at Ascot hospital. If you find you have too many caterpillars and can’t cope please feel free to take a few up to the display and pop them inside the castle on the swan plant. Just explain to either Philiipa or Nadia that I said you could do this.

Or you can call/text me on 021-188-1853 and you can drop the caterpillars in a container down to Ascot hospital to me where I work. If you can let me know the day before if possible then I can bring food in for them to eat in the container.

Cheers

Charlotte

Amalfia
    Participant

Thank you for your replies. I have bought some plants to tide them over. 🙂

I’m sorry, Charlotte, I didn’t see your post till after 5.30 pm. Will you be there another day?

Charlotte
    Participant

Hello Amalfia,

If you bring them up to Cornwall Park around 1pm today we can take them for you. You will need to bring them up in a container for me though.

We have a butterfly display up there in the information centre and we’ll be tending the display at 1pm.

Regards

Charlotte

Jacqui

Hello Amalifia

I have some healthy and good value swan plants for sale here in Blockhouse Bay if you would like to buy another potted plant to have indoors for your 25 caterpillars. Let me know, 551 3383. I think most people have enough caterpillars of their own – busy times!

Jacqui

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.