Monarch eggs in Doubtless Bay

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

I have been in Doubtless Bay (on the east coast, between Kaitaia and Kerikeri) where the weather has either been cold, wet and windy, OR bright sunshine, and the swan plants there have numerous newly laid eggs on them and some quite healthy looking caterpillars too. Amazing eh?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Terry
    Participant

Hi Clinton

I would be very careful about believing all the Global warming/Climate change hype. The planet has always gone through patterns of change of climate even before humans were around. I am not saying that mankind has not had some influence but the main problem is our overuse of resources and general exploitation of the natural world. This won’t change until we stop worshipping money/capital and realise what’s really important, life itself!

clinton9
    Participant

Jacqui,
    Seaval months ago I asked NIWA for information, but they were not helpful and did not gave me the information.

If were the climate to warmed up, Monarch butterflies would be able to breed around whole year in zone 10 as Kaitaia to Bay of Plently. My tropical pawpaw whose I raised the seeds from a yellow tropical pawpaw I got from Paknsave few years ago and plumerias (frangipani) are still alive.
    You would be able to grow your home grown edible banana plants.

Jacqui

Hi Clinton

I think NIWA would be able to give you that information – you could try them.
    http://www.niwa.co.nz/

clinton9
    Participant

Last year on August I found a young Common copper butterfly resting in a bush when I were in Far North.

I had seen caterpillars & pupaes in swan plants last Thursday.

Members of this website and I were confused about whether the climate had warmed up or not warmed up and I wishes we have climate datas to see whether climate had warmed up or not.

Jacqui,
    Can you please send us members the climate datas 1950 to 2012 as we are really not sure whether climate had warmed up or not.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.