Nectar plants

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Swansong
    Participant

Just as a matter of interest, Ive found this season, the butterflies are really going for my tiger lillies. Both oldies that have stayed around, and new ones. We saw 5 (new butterflies that I released and put on a totally different plant ) on one flower! I’ve only had these plants for about 3 years, and haven’t noticed any great interest in them from prior years. Maybe things are really different this year with this extra hot summer and now for us, drought conditions.???

Swansong

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Swansong
    Participant

Yes, its been what, 10 deg last nite and was quite cool this a.m. Feb, is traditionally the hottest and muggiest time of the year, but you never know what we might get next, with those floods we got a couple years ago and what not. It sure is drrrrrrry now though.

No chance of a photo Jacqui as 1/I haven’t got a digital…(yet) and 2/ I was just looking at the Tiger lillies this a.m. and theres just a dried up remnant of one flower. Not very photogenic. Next season knowing what I know now, I will take a bit more care with the lillies. I’m not really a keen gardener, but I do like a few things, and those few things need to be useful. As I said the butterflies especially loved them and many many times we saw them go for lillies. It actually made me laugh when I was watching them one day get into my runnerbean flowers….haha they tipped themselves in all directions and angles to get there faces RIGHT into those flowers. Heh, they are soooo fiesty i thought to myself, “yeah, I could catch you eazy peezy when youre soooo into your flower, now couldnt I” 🙂

Swansong

Jacqui

Any chance of sending a photo, Swansong? Could be sent to photos@monarch.org.nz.

I have just come back from Auckland and at Drury I saw the dry hills of the Bombays. I hate the thought of going to the top of them and looking further south. Things are pretty much still green up here in Northland – and rain expected at the weekend.

Hang in there! The last two nights have been decidedly cooler, so I guess autumn is on its way.

Jacqui

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.