New Chrysalides Wellington

• Creator
    Topic

Caryl
    Participant

Little miracles they are having to make chrysalides in appallingly bad weather – strong winds. I have my first 2 today and located 4 J’s which are safely inside to make their chrysalides. I feel so angry about our weather, seems like the season will be poor and plants will hardly grow in the cold temperatures. It’s a struggle. Every day I need to check the caterpillars and whether they are in a J and can be taken inside. If anyone in Wellington wants some caterpillars,. Please left me know. Txt me on 027 8426773, Caryl

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

LeslieD
    Participant

Its official … its the worst November weather wise for Welly in recorded history by far. So far this month we have averaged 4 hours of sunshine a day. And the next 10 days are forecast as cloudy … no wonder I’ve not seen any butterflies here excepting 2 white butterflies.

LeslieD
    Participant

lol I could take some but I feel it would be unkind to the poor little buggers .. the weather in Karori is even more dire than the rest of Welly … but I do have some very nice homegrown and pristine plants 🙂 ..

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.