Next gathering Auckland (WAS: Robert – adopted caterpillars)

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hiya Robert

The cats you gave me are finally all accounted for.

One went walk about but I found the chrysallis – so that’s four chrysallides, one J and another fattie as of today.

All is well in the West.

Thoughts for the next picnic are Cornwall Park/None Tree Hill on Feb 15th. Would be lovely if Angie would join us and tell what she’s doing with Admirals there and everywhere.

Best

Trisha

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Anonymous
    Inactive

Angie
    I will make a new post and see who will come. We had 20 last time out west.
    Best
    Trisha

HI, Can I confirm that I am meeting everyone after their picnic at 2.30 by the archery club?
    Angie

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK Robert – leave of absence approved for you!! Have fun.
    Trisha

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I’m after website photos of a none-auckland species, so have to head south for those photo’s. I’m still annoyed work never OK’ed my 2 week holiday for chasing butterflies on the Mainland!

Robert.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Robert – if the weather’s good , what’s wrong with Cornwall park for butterfly spotting – good company, food and butterfly yak as well?!
    Hope you can make it.

Charlotte – barbie is a great idea, but you can’t always count on getting on at the time that suits. I see if we can BOOK one?

We had wine last time!! Did you miss out? I brought half my bottle home and it was on the table with glasses.

So neat Angie can be there to tell about her Admirals.

Best
    T

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi,

I think that sounds great Trisha. IF anyone wants to cook up meat and have a proper bbq then they can. OR like last time where everyone brought something different and we all shared. That was scrummy :-).
    Do I dare say WINE this time..LMAO.. Whats a picnic without a glass of wine..heheehehehe

Cheers
    Charlotte

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Count me in at present, but if the weathers nice, I might be elsewhere chasing Butterflies!

Trisha – Great to hear they are doing well & accounted for. I got one more left to hang now & 2 waiting to emerge.

Robert.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Angie – thank you. I know people are looking forward to hearing about your work.
    Great map too. What better way to get the meeting spot right.
    Best
    Trisha.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jacqui, Flutterbys – sounds good.
    Bring your own or food to share is a good option – gives people a choice. We certainly had very good fare and way too much last time.
    Neat Angie can give us some time after her lunch.
    Now let’s see if we have other takers.
    Best
    Trisha

Jacqui

Waaaaahey!!! Can I suggest we meet then by the “gas barbecues” just above where Bollard Avenue is written on the map?

Sounds awesome. Thanks Ange for posting that map.

Let’s invite everyone, anyone who wants to help raise the profile of butterflies – the more the merrier. And it will be great to hear from Ange.

Shall we all bring a plate of food to share again? I think that worked well last time. I loved sampling other people’s dishes. 🙂 🙂

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Patz & Jacqui,

Count me in. Will get there early I think to get a bbq. That place gets packed.
    I did not know they had gas bbq’s wow awesome..

Great map Angie, very helpful.

Cheers

Char

This should help with directions; http://www.cornwallpark.co.nz/flash/map.html

If you click on the word archery club, the red dot will enlarge, below that is another red dot, click on this and its a BBQ GAS – picnic area, would suggest you all meet there. But its up to you, other wise we can all meet at the archary club 2.30pm?

Angie

Jacqui

Sounds good to me. Where would be a good place (with a table, benches etc) to meet up Angie, preferably near where we will be; is that at the archery club?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi
    Since Angie will have had lunch, perhaps others can picnic at 1pm or so and meet her later when she’s able to get there?
    I am a go for that.
    Best
    Trisha

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi

Either of the above times suits me on the Sunday. Be great to see you again Angie.
    So I guess we need to decide where to meet at Cornwall park too.

I better remember my glasses thats for sure.LMAO

Cheers
    Charlotte

HI, I can pretty much do anytime between 9am-11am and 2.30pm-5pm but have a lunch with my Sustainable living group in Ponsonby that has been pre arranged.

You cant see alot thats been done at Cornwall park the signage wont be up by feb, but you should notice an increase in nettle and butterfly numbers. I have released over the last two months about 40 butterflies back to the area. And now every time i have been i have seen butterflies.

I can show people how to look for eggs (bring your glass’s) and cats etc and a bit about what other projects I have been involved in. The area gets very dry, so I usually take a couple of milk bottles full of water to help the nettle out over the hot times (be great if others can do this also.

Angie

Jacqui

What about earlier or later that day, Angie – can you specify what times? And would that suit other people?

I would like to come down and see what you’ve been doing, and that day would suit me ADMIRABLY.

Jacqui

Greetings all, thanks Jacqui for passing this on.
    The 15th is not a good lunch for me as I have already another commitment – I maybe able to do earlier or later or another weekend. Even an evening if anyone is interested; 6pm onwards they have bbq’s in the park for dinner
    Most times now I visit can usually spot an admiral!
    Angie

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.