NZ Geographic magazine

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Anonymous
    Inactive

I HAVE JUST GOT MY NZ GEOGRAPHIC MAGAZINE FOR JANUARY AND FEBRUARY 2008 AND I AM VERY EXCITED TO HAVE FOUND THIS FORM. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK PRESERVING NZS BUTTERFLYS. KATE

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

Hello Kate

We’re very pleased to see the butterflies issue brught to the forefront in the magazine, but there are quite a few anomalies in the story from my perspective – and when you pick up one inaccuracy, you begin to wonder what else is wrong. Most of them are small things, but my philosophy is “if it’s not right, it’s WRONG”.

For instance:

On the beautiful pull-out chart of “NZ Butterflies” they feature quite a few that have been seen here on rare occasions, or even ONCE. For instance, the Swallowtail came in on one occasion on a used vehicle, and the Lemon Migrant has been recorded here once… in the 1800s.

My TWO-bedroom home has a DECK, hardly a verandah. Butterfly Bay was a TOURISM development… Even my name’s spelt wrong (despite several instances of giving him the right spelling). Chrysanthemum is spelt wrong, and there’s another typo too. I won’t go on.

The photography is stunning, it’s worth buying the magazine just to drool over the photographs. Thanks to Chris Rickard for that.

So, after that rant, it’s good to see you here, welcome.

Cheers

Jacqui

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.