overwintering in Christchurch

• Creator
    Topic

Flutterby48
    Participant

Is anybody aware of clusters this year in Bishopdale or Papanui? I know the Monarchs are definitely in Abberley park St Albans.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

rachel.clarke
    Participant

Thank you so much to Denise and JAcqui…
    New swan plants obtained, repotted, new enclosure built, 18 caterpillar successfully rehomed and intent on decimating new food source…. I feel much better!! So thanks again for your prompt reply… they had about two leaves left…!!

Jacqui

Shirls – please let us know what you find out. A separate post here in the forum (with Hamilton in the heading) and also reporting it in to http://www.mb.org.nz would be good.

Rachel – contact Denise Marshall, she has some plants, good ones. Her contact details are in here somewhere, search under Christchurch.

rachel.clarke
    Participant

Hi. I am in Casebrook and have successfully raised dozens. However I need help! A rogue monarch laid on the remnants of my swan plants, and I now have 18 or so caterpillars who are in need of a food source. Does anyone have swan plants and want to adopt some more caterpillars? I hate to think of them starving!

Shirls
    Participant

Hi Jacqui

On a similar note; has anyone reported an over-winter site for Hamilton?

I think I might have found 1 – in Vardon Park. There were at least half a dozen monarchs flying around and the area has some good trees in it – as well as properties with a food source for the whole life cycle!

I need to go back and have a closer look in all the trees to be sure.

Jacqui

Hi there

Sightings in different parts of the country, including Christchurch, have been reported in to http://www.mb.org.nz.

If you can report your Abberley Park sighting in to that address (www.mb.org.nz), when you receive a receipt of your sighting you’ll see a link to “see your sighting here”. Then you use the back arrows to go through other sightings, or you can search on “Christchurch” etc.

Cool eh?

Jacqui

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.