Searching the forum

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

Hi all

I have often looked at this forum and wondered how I could find a topic quickly and then DUH! I had a brainwave – I go to the main monarch site (https://www.monarch.org.nz) or even mb.org.nz if I want to save a few key strokes, and use the search facility there – and sure enough up show the posts that I want.

MAAAAARvelous. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Swansong
    Participant

Count me in Chris.

Swansong.

chris
    Participant

I’m super glad to hear that you guys are happy with the search facility on the site, that’s great!

You’re right that the forum pages are lacking a handy search form, I’ll make sure we sort that out with the upcoming redesign. If you’d like to help evaluate the new site design over the next few weeks, let me know here, the feedback would be most helpful!

Jacqui

Thanks Swansong.

It is SO important for people to use tags in their posts (so just before you click on “Send Post” please add to the tags, separating each reference with a comma. So if I had written about Red Admirals in Auckland, I might put: “Admirals,Red Admirals,Auckland”. If I had written about Monarch caterpillars pupating I might put: “Monarchs,caterpillars,larvae,instar,pupa,chrysalis”.

We are currently going through the forum cleaning up some of the tags making it easier for people to access posts which may be of importance to them, so thanks for your help.

Jacqui

Swansong
    Participant

Just to clarify, a boolean search uses criteria like + and – to include /exclude respectively certain additional words so as to narrow a search down. So this little search feature here on Monarch site does search phrases as well as boolean searches. Indeed thats great!

Cheers
    Swansong

Swansong
    Participant

I meant to answer this thread and indeed I will B4 it disappears on me. I think I decent search facility would greatly benefit here, but as Jacqui says this search window does work, and just to give an example, I typed in ‘pillarz and I got about 30 entries referring to posts with this word, albeit with a missing apostrophe. I just tried a boolean search and it worked!!! GREAT! I searched for a quote of this phrase from Jacqui in THIS thread, and heres what came up…..

Search results: ‘a few key strokes’

Your search for ”a few key strokes” found 1 results. Showing results 1 to 10:

1. Searching the forum « Monarch Trust Forums
    https://www.monarch.org.nz/forum/topic/591
    I had a brainwave – I go to the main monarch site (https://www.monarch.org.nz) or even mb.org.nz if I want to save a few key strokes, and use the search facility

Cheers Swansong

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.