Share and swap plants, cuttings, seeds

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

Yes, Sue, that would be wonderful.

Cheers

Jacqui

Sue Rajaguru
    Participant

Hi Jacqui,

I have some chamomile seedlings. Can I bring some when I visit you to return the box?

Sue

Jane
    Participant

Try again next time Jacqui 🙂

Jacqui

Fantastic, Jane.

I actually passed through heading south to the interislander just before Christmas, and did ring your number but can’t recall what happened – think I got the answerphone. Was toying with the idea of calling in but it was very early, about 8.30am, so may not have been that welcome! 🙂

Jane
    Participant

Hi Jacqui,

I have some asters, plus purchased Heleniums x 3 last year – Borage grows wild in the vege patch so I will try to keep you some seed, Valerian grows on the Wgtn hills and the Manawatu gorge screes as well. When next you are in Manawatu I will give you pieces to take home.

Jacqui

Still looking and hoping for:

Alstroemeria
    Borage
    Helenium “Autumn Glory”
    Michaelmas Daisy (aster)
    Valerian

Have swan plants to swap with…

Also saw a beautiful shrub, smothered with miniscule white flowers, about 1mm or 2mm across, habit was drooping (so it looked like it had been covered by snow). So beautiful – and of course I saw a Monarch sitting on it, so that made it even more special.

Jacqui

Hi guys

Thanks for the heads up — yes please to the Alstromeria, Heather. I think you’re right with the name too, Blutterfy (Helenium). Common names can be a pain! But I thought it was probably a chrysanthemum or an aster.

So can anyone supply the others I want? And does anyone want what I’ve got?

hshingles
    Participant

call in next time in town and I will give you some Alstromeria.

blutterfy is right and sometimes seaview have the Autumn Glory I will try to remember to ask for you.Common names can be confusing several plants having the same name.

I have a yacon growing too grows and flowers like j atichokes with orangy-yellow flowers.
    Heather

Jane
    Participant

Hi Jacqui – great idea! I think your ‘Autumn Glory’ may be a Helenium. Heleniums are quite hard to get here (more common in Britain) but there is the odd one about, alas I have none. Parva plants had a couple a while back – and they have an online catalogue : )

I can however send you a bit of Alstroemeria psittacina. It isn’t one of the showy hybrids, but is a good doer. Need your address again if you are keen – J

Anonymous
    Inactive

Autumn Glory could be one of the following:
    – Rudbeckia nitida (Asteraceae)
    – Acer rubrum (Aceraceae)
    – Hebe
    – Leptospermum scoparium (Manuka Tree)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.