Swan plant seeds: (was A new section!)

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

There are now four sections in our forum – welcome to the new one, Seed/Plant Exchange

We’re aware that some people would like to improve their butterfly garden, providing more host plants, nectar sources or even shelter for butterflies and moths – but don’t know what to buy, or may not have much in the way of disposable funds. So here’s a great place to list what you have to share – or want.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Anna
    Participant

Hi Dave, Are they swan plants? Its great to know that they can get that tall!…butterfly heaven!
    You have prompted me to go out and collect some cows**t to put on mine to see what happens.
    Cheers,
    Anna *puts gumboots on, grabs the trowel, and bucket*….

Dave Rippey
    Participant

I have gigantic 10 foot plus plants this year and will have HEAPS of seeds!!!! If anyone wants some just email me (dj1@slingshot.co.nz) and I’d be more than happy to oblige.
    Cheers
    Dave R.
    P.S. Don’t know exactly how I managed to get the plants so big but maybe the lawn clippings and some good ol’ cow s**t helped?

Jacqui

I have several hebes that need pruning, one with dark burgundy and the other with bright purple flowers. I’m in Blockhouse Bay. I imagine these will provide lots of nectar and be desirable to butterflies and bees – and I need to prune them as they are overgrowing a path.

Cuttings are relatively easy to grow, and you’re getting new plants for free!

If you’re interested please phone me over the next week or two, 09 551 3383. Jacqui, 6 October 2010.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.