Swan plants for sale

Tagged: ,

• Creator
    Topic

melissak
    Participant

Hey does anyone know who has large swan plants for sale in chch? I’ve got about 40 caterpillars! This week could get crazy lol.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

Do you use Facebook? Do you have friends that use Facebook?

If you do, look up “Monarch Matchmaker” and Post there. Also you could post on the page “Monarch Butterfly Addicts of NZ” page

sarahkrysia
    Participant

i’m trying my best to find swan plants, caterpillars alive eating pumpkin, but there are no swan plants near me, unsure what to do. I’m the daughter of the people at the property – they had a huge swan plant but it is completely eaten.

Caryl
    Participant

Check trade me. There are often ones for sale in your area. Caryl

Jacqui

Please do not feed them pumpkin or other cucurbits unless it’s a very short term solution, i.e. while you get more food.

While the resulting butterflies might look normal, we do not know what we are doing to these creatures long-term. Perhaps we are affecting their ability to mate, to overwinter, to find the food they need.

In the wild, a female monarch will lay 300, 500 or a thousand eggs, and not everyone is destined to become a butterfly. Many become food for other species, diseases – even the soil. That is the law of Nature.

sarahkrysia
    Participant

research feeding pumpkin for certain instas, I’m currently feeding pumpkin to some successfully, good luck finding the plants, have a look on trade me, and facebook buy and sells for your local area

greenthumb
    Participant

Did you find anyone selling swan plants? I am also looking for large swan plants in chch.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.