Swan Plants – THE WAREHOUSE RICCARTON SPRAYED!

• Creator
    Topic

AnnaJames
    Participant

Hi all.

Unfortunately we have had an issue with The Warehouse Blenheim roads swan plants.
    We put 8 large caterpillars on them last night and the kids and I checked them this morning only to find them bent over backwards and limp and others dripping black goo. We are devastated.
    I have called The Warehouse and I am not the only person to complain about this today but it doesnt really seem to be taken seriously.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

I was told it was T&M, Caryl.

alejandro.mc
    Participant

Hi, don’t give up on the little fellows!! Sometimes after 10 hours or 12, if you pulled them away from those sprayed plants, they start to detox, I put cucumbers for them, and they slowly start recovering. From puke, freezing and twitching, looking dead, they slowly started to recover and started feeding on the cucumbers, and they recovered completely, some are turning into chrysalis at the moment. So don’t loose hope.

Alec

Caryl

Jacqui, Who was the grower please, T & M or Zealandia? Please let me know. Caryl

Jacqui

Hi Anna and all

The Warehouse, Riccarton manager phoned me back this morning to say the plants are being recalled. The grower admitted that they had been sprayed two weeks ago but then inadvertently sprayed again just before releasing for sale.

Jacqui

Caryl

Hi Anna,I am so sorry. Who was the grower, they do sell Auckland ones, TM, but I have purchased them often and had no problem? This happens every season. The way I avoid problems is preventing the caterpillars from moving to new plants for a couple of weeks and also spraying the plants with a weak bleach solution.Caryl

Jacqui

So sad to hear this Anna. I have spoken with the manager (Aroha) who asks that you take the plants back to her – they are consulting their Head Office with their concern. Yes, you are not the first person to complain of this today.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.