Swan plants urgently needed for hungry caterpillars in Whangarei

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Anonymous
    Inactive

hello, I’m desperately trying to find another supply of mature swan plants, here in Whangarei, as the current ones are only ‘just’ feeding the large number of Monarch caterpillars, and within the next few days they’ll be out of food. Can anyone help…or know of anyone that can. I can drive them to the ‘new’ supply of food. Thanks Mary Kamo, Whangarei

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Anonymous
    Inactive

Blessings …and thank you all for your postings….I phoned Quarry Gardens and the delightfully helpful, David, who’s the ‘creator’ there, said to bring them on in…so I did! for the past 3 – 4 days I’ve been transporting these beautiful caterpillars – from tiny to ‘big’ to their new food source. If you visit the ‘Gardens’ in the near future..they should be swarming with divine monarch butterflies. David has just got back from a 5 week holiday, which took him to the most fabulous butterfly place in the world – the Amazon’s best butterfly haven….in Ecuador…ask him about that experience when you talk to him. He was so welcoming…and the plants were so reayd to receive my caterpillars ( no competition) – so I sleep easy and am so grateful….please donate when you visit ( as I did ) Hugs and gratitiude to you all…..

Elizabeth
    Participant

Hello Mary – I’ve only just seen your posting. I’m at Mt Tiger but with only nettles – however there are lots of swan plants at the Quarry Gardens – they have spread all over there. Hopefully by now your caterpillars are taken care of. But it’s worth remembering the Quarry Gardens, off Western Hills Drive, for future possible use.

Elizabeth

darlingdidi
    Participant

Hi Mary. If still needed, I have heaps of food for your caterpillars. I live in Onerahi. Contact numbers wk 438 1498 or hm 4361401 or mob 02102467814.
    Diane Hawthorn

Logo Mojo
    Participant

If you head towards Ngunguru through Glenbervie there is a house on the right that has a whole driveway lined with swan trees, they may be able to help. I will try and get the street number for you, but it is before the golden mile on the right, where all the roadworks are happening…hope that helps 🙂

Jacqui

Hello Mary

Try asking at Hurupaki School, I know they had swan plants growing there at one time but that was a few years ago.

Hope that helps (and I’ve also sent an email out to some Monarch lovers near you. Hope we can find someone for you.

Cheers

Jacqui

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.