Tagging demonstrations

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

Hi everyone

I'm currently in Napier but will be working my way up to Gisborne, then to the Bay of Plenty, and I am happy to get together with people wanting more information on tagging – if people can provide a butterfly or two to be tagged that will make it even more easy.

So I'm planning one for next Friday, 26 February in Napier – just need a venue.

Wairoa anyone? Monday, 1 March.

Gisborne, Opotiki, Whakatane, Tauranga… later in March.

Leave messages here and watch this space for further information. If anyone else is happy to also share their knowledge face to face, please also add to this thread.

Jacqui

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to give a tagging demonstartion at West Lynn garden on Sunday 14th March Childrens Day, from 1pm to 2pm.

I suggest people keep any Monarchs that emerge from the previous two days in a cool, dark place and bring them along in a chilly bin (to keep them cool) with their tags also. We can tag them there, and then the people can take them home again to release.

I will be selling Buddleia plants and other MBNZT items.

If you are interested email me on charlotte@monarch.org.nz

Thanks
    Charlotte

tramp
    Participant

I am hoping Jacqui will be in Tauranga on the 21st. March for a tagging demonstration we will be at the Te Puna Quarry Park from 10 am.and have a display of caterpillars and monarchs and will try and solve any problems anyone has.you can visit our Butterfly garden and enjoy a day at the Park.
    It is Tauranga's Environment Sustainable Backyard day an interesting day when adults and children display their creative Funky Junk and Environmental Art, Prizes to be won.
    I will be selling Asclepias curassavica plants, for more information phone 07 576 4752 evn.07 552 5789

Jacqui

Right – venue in Hawkes Bay confirmed, St Matthews Primary School, corner of Eastborne and King Streets, 7pm Friday, 26th. Look for pictures of butterflies to find in which room it is being held.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.