Thames Butterfly Garden

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Misty
    Participant

The front page of the Thames Community newspaper ‘Hauraki Herald’ 21/1/11 featured the arrival of 75 new species of butterlies taking their total up to around 250 species. The Butterfly and Orchid Garden at Dickson Holiday Park, Tararu, just north of Thames has also opened a caterpillar house so that visitors can see them in all stages of development. A particular favourite of the owner is a caterpillar that looks like bird droppings and when he feels under threat he pokes out his orange tongue. Photographs include the Swallowtail and the white tree nymph. Publicity such as this must surely be great for increasing the awareness of the public to butterflies in general. The garden, in a beautiful Coromandel bush setting is well worth a visit.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Darren
    Participant

I really must get there to see it. Every time I have planned a trip previously something else has come up. You can see the Hauraki Herald online here:
    http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx?cid=1739

Jacqui

Thanks for that Misty! I love visiting there – it will be great to go back and see this new addition.

Jacqui

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.