The Flutterbys – West Aucklanders

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Flutterby family invited me to their West Auckland home yesterday – what a treat. From one accidental Swan Plant last season to the Mariposa Grove they have developed for this year. I was very, very impressed. And a butterfly house to be very envied.

Al and Charlotte – your generosity of time, knowledge, hospitality and “stuff” to bring home was overwhelming.

I started transplanting the seedlings last night – 40 done and not half done yet. Will continue tonight and hopefully complete the task.

Three of the big fatties I moved yesterday have gone J overnight. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Best to you both

Trisha

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

Trisha, the stuffed loaf and truffles sound fantastic Trisha. I have been to an “Open House” today – friends got a chap in to cook on a spit a lamb and a pig, and so many people brought salads and breads and desserts and… just so much scrumptious food, it was just so gorgeous. Nothing for dinner tonight!

Jacqui

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am on for a picnic and good company at West Lynn, definitely.
    Let me know when you will be down, Jacqui.
    Shared lunch? I make a mean picnic stuffed loaf. And fruit-chocolate truffles.
    OoooohAaaaah – surprises. Gotta love them.
    Best
    Trisha

hshingles
    Participant

Jacqui, a Fri or Sat would be good.
    Heather

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Jacqui,

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I luv surprises!!!. You dont happen to know what date??, as we are planning a weekend away up in Kerikeri in January. But can work around it thats for sure.

A picnic for sure.. oooh am so excited, heheehehe. Like a lil kid in a lolly shop is me.. LMAO..

Cheers
    Charlotte

Jacqui

I have something for you WestieButterflyFans – but my lips are sealed, it’s a SURPRISE thing just for Westies. I hope to be down in the middle of January, so could we make that a picnic at West Lynn Gardens?

J.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Charlotte, I really do want say a big thank you to you both.
    Haaa – that was about the second thing I said when I saw your vast lawn. Next year it will be half gone as the grove grows!! The year after, no need for lawn mowing I imagine.
    Yes, I am on for West Lynn Gardens – say the word. Take a picnic and yak, maybe, after we’ve seen the sights?
    Thank you
    Trisha

Charlotte
    Participant

HI Patz,

Well thank you so very much. We both enjoyed your visit.
    Well I guess the seedlings will keep you very busy then, hehe..
    All of us Westies and a few others nearby must get together and perhaps meet at West Lynn Gardens.

I guess next year it will be a forest of swan plants.LMAO..
    If we win Lotto it will be a forest of plants, then we can both retire and just do our butterfly thing.. Oh the joy. haha

Glad you have 3 J’s now thats awesome. More to come.

Take care and have a Happy New Year.

Cheers
    Charlotte

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.