Too many caterpillar

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Phillip
    Participant

I live in Upper Hutt and my swan plants are still small at the moment and they have about 20-30 caterpillars on them and there is no way they are or the plants will end up surviving. Just wondering if anyone wanted to collect any, if so contact me via email at palmitic@gmail.com

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

Caryl has phoned the nursery again and they have 160 large plants at $7.40 as @ 30 November. The nursery details are:

Leacroft Nurseries Ltd
    169 Paekakariki Hill Road, RD1 Porirua (1.5km North of Pauatahanui Village)
    Phone: (04) 237-9880 Fax: (04) 237-9906 Mobile: (021) 563 553
    Manager: Simon Dearsly
    Email: simon@leacroft.co.nz

Phillip
    Participant

Thanks to carolL both plants and caterpillars shall live

Jacqui

Hello Caryl – when you say “on the way to Paekakariki” can you be more precise about the details please – if possible, if you could phone them and make sure they’ve still got some… I’ve just had a man phone from Paraparaumu who is desperate for some swan plant.

Jacqui

Caryl
    Participant

Look in the Forum way down below your post for mine – Wanted: Monarch caterpillars in Wellington.
    There are 2 people, one in Karori, the other in Naenae who want caterpillars. I haven’t supplied any to them because I prefer them to go to people who will monitor the cats and chrysalis rather than leave them in the garden. I believe their success rate is only about 5% whereas with mine I can get it to 80%. My first monarch of the saeson was born today! There’s a nursery on the way to Paekak that has large swan plants with many leaves at $7.40 each. Good luck!

Jacqui

Hi there Phillip – I have emailed Upper Hutt people, so hope someone will make contact. Can you please post again here if someone does get in touch and can help you?

Cheers

Jacqui

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.