Urgent need for Swan Plants in Christchurch

• Creator
    Topic

Gail Beukes
    Participant

Hi I took a drive around to quite a few plant nurseries yesterday (Saturday) in search of swan plants but found nothing. Please could you direct me to a supply, this is urgent, the caterpillars may not survive any longer.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

jhkoning
    Participant

I’m off to buy a pumpkin, I’m not risking anymore caterpillars with these swan plants. Thanks for the advice Jacqui.
    Jas

suzannemae
    Participant

Hello Suzanne here, I have just had over twenty hatch and fly away bless them, however still have ten to hatch and 18 very healthy caterpillars running out of food, Mega mitre ten had lots two weeks ago does anyone know where else I may be able to buy more plants??
    Many thanks

BruceSmith
    Participant

all fixed, Bruce took them in readiness for the Ellerslie Flower Show on 26th February. Well done young man. He is struggling with food also, so no big rush of caterpillars please.

Jacqui

Hello Gail

I wish I could help you but I’m too far away…

Some people use pumpkin or other cucurbits (the flesh of the fruit, i.e. the orange part of the pumpkin) – if you have some, cut some very thin slices and drape it over what’s left of your plant. Some people also have used a potato peeler and taken layers of the swan plant stems and draped that over the plant.

Also, have you looked on TradeMe? You could also ask tomorrow at your local schools, day cares etc.

Good luck!

Jacqui

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.