When the server goes down…

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

When the server goes down, i.e. if you can’t access this website at all, feel free to email info@monarch.org.nz (which goes to Darren and me) and we’ll put the wheels in motion to get it going again.

Neither Darren nor I are on line all the time, so may not check in here at the appropriate time – but we’re more likely to be checking our emails more often than the forum or website.

Cheers and thanks.

Jacqui

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Participant

At the moment our website uptime is 99.580%, so it looks like our webhost’s fix was effective.

You can now view our server statistics at
    http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics.php?Id=107458&&UserId=128641

this link is also available from this page

Our website

Participant

The error seems to be caused by a memory problem with our wordpress setup. Our webhost is aware of the problem and has set up a sytem to detect this problem and automatically reset the server.

I have also signed up to an automatic monitoring service so we can get a better idea of these times when the site goes offline and monitor the effectiveness of our webhost’s workaround.

The plan is to redesign the site using drupal instead of wordpress. This will hopefully eliminate a lot of these problems in one hit.

Jennifer
    Participant

What a good site Darren, it would have saved me quite a lot of time the other day.

Darren
    Participant

If you ever think “is it just me?” try this link:

http://www.isup.me/monarch.org.nz

Jacqui

It’s too wet to do anything, isn’t it, except to be in bed with a Dan Carter lookalike reading to me and feeding me grapes, and perhaps Sonny Bill bringing me cups of tea, hot soup, turning the pages… and other things. 🙂

Dream on, Jacqui.

hshingles
    Participant

Hi just thought it was my computer .

Too wet to be at work.
    Heather

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.